Borregaard offers lignin-based biopolymers and cellulose fibrils that are well suited for formulating your adhesive and resin products. Our products can also be used to enhance the performance of your existing resin formulations.
Bio-based adhesives were the preferred technology for centuries until oil-based alternatives largely replaced them. With a need for more sustainable solutions in all industries there has been increased interest for bio-based solutions also in the adhesives sector.
Borregaard’s products can be used as:
- "Extenders" for finished resins
- "Co-reactants" during resin synthesis
- Thickeners for waterborne dispersion adhesives
- Performance additives for UF/MUF/PMDI
- Sustainable, lower-cost resins
- Enhanced glue penetration
- Reduced swelling
- Reduced formaldehyde emissions
- Unique rheology control of dispersion adhesives
- Increased bond strength of UF/MUF
- Reduced paint consumption
- Reliable availability and stable quality
The links below provide more information on our lignin and cellulose fibril products for adhesive applications.