Table of Content
- Collection of data: what type of personal data and personal information do we collect?
- How do we collect personal data and personal information (navigational information)?
- How do we use the personal data and personal information we collect?
- What choices do you have about your personal data and personal information?
- We never sell your personal data and personal information
- How do we make changes to this policy?
- How, and how long do we store personal data and personal information on you?
- Security of your personal data and personal information
- Cookies & Similar Technologies
- Disclosure of Data
1. Collection of data: what type of personal data and personal information do we collect?
When you give your active consent to us, we at Borregaard (data controller) will collect and analyse personal data to be able to:
- Construct a profile of you with the goal of better understanding how we can send and show you marketing information that’s valuable to you
- Improve and develop the marketing information and offers available for you at our web pages
- Store personal data in order for us to understand a historical context relating to the business relationship
- Construct profiles to be able to identify customers
- Provide customer service
The information we collect in forms (information you provide yourself) includes the following (personal data and personal information):
- Basic personal data and personal information like your name, position and title, employer, and contact details (e-mail and phone)
- Information on the customer relationship: marketing permissions, historical orders and contact with customer support
- Position within the company
You are not forced to place personal data and personal information at our digital platforms, but if you do not you may find a reduced number of our services available to you.
The information we collect through cookies and tracking codes includes the following:
- Information of your activity on our web pages, including web browser configuration and IP address, through cookies set on your web browser and computer (see chapter 9)
- Information relating to your use of our technical platforms (all Borregaard digital channels), like what device (PC/phone/tablet), IP address, operating system, web browser, screen size etc.)
Our channels are not meant for, nor targeting children under the age of 13. We are not consciously storing any person data on children under the age of 13, if you believe we do so please contact our contact person (see “what choices do you have about your personal information” for more information).
2. How do we collect personal data and personal information (navigational information)?
On our web pages, we collect personal data and personal information through the use of "cookies" if you give your consent. Cookies are small files of text placed on your computer when you enter our web pages. See more information on cookies in section 9.
Throughout the web platforms of Borregaard (data controller), the web pages, we also collect personal data and personal information based on submission forms. These forms are voluntary to fill out, but if you do not want to give a way personal data and personal information in these forms, your ability to download certain information from our web pages may be limited, but we may provide a service where we charge you for information and samples if you are not giving your consent.
Examples of these forms are:
- Contact forms
- Downloading documents
- Signing up for webinars or other activities
- Subscribing for our blog services and newsletters
- Viewing videos (forms to get access to video material)
We may also collect personal data and personal information through log files. This is information related to your operating system, software, and your visit on our web sites. Examples of these are:
- Web browser
- IP address
- Domain name
- Internet provider
- Set of files (HTML sites, graphics)
- Operating system
- Access time
- The site in which you entered Borregaard web pages from
- Type of media consumed (video, text, sound)
When collecting personal data and personal information, Borregaard use the following marketing software and providers:
- HubSpot: marketing automation software and CRM
- See the following link for more information on how HubSpot store and use personal data
- Google: Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google Tag Manager, Youtube
- See the following link for more information on how Google store and use personal data:
- TwentyThree: Video hosting and analytics software
- See the following link for more information on how TwentyThree store and use personal data:
3. How do we use the personal data and personal information we collect?
Borregaard uses the collection of data with the purpose of storing it, construct a profile of you, and analyse your personal data to provide better services to you and make relevant marketing information available. In the process of doing so, we are sharing your personal data (see chapter 1) with the following business partners of Borregaard:
- Google, Inc. (for the purpose of analyzing web page visitor behaviour, conducting re-marketing/re-targeting, and analyzing video/podcast visitor behaviour)
- HubSpot, Inc. (for the purpose of analyzing web page visitor behaviour, conducting market analysis, conducting inbound marketing (sending you marketing & sales material according to your consent given), and storing your personal data and personal information for our Customer Relation Management (CRM) system.
- MarkedsPartner AS (for the purpose of consulting Borregaard)
- TwentyThree. (for the purpose of analyzing usage of video content)
- Distributors and other commercial partners of Borregaard
We deliver services to you
- Delivering content when you have requested it, for example through e-mail when you have signed up for our newsletters, product information or blog subscription
- Delivering marketing to you, for instance through Google display networks (GDN) and Google Ads
- E-mail newsletters
- E-mail blog updates
- E-mail webinar sign-up
- E-mail news information
- E-mail with downloads available
- Web page downloads based on our analysis of your data
- Identification of customers
- Customer service
- Development and analysis
Development and analysis
We are processing your personal data to develop and improve our services and our digital channels.
We conduct Sales & Marketing
- Creating target groups for marketing purposes
- Personalizing your experience on our web pages through delivering targeted content at designated times on our web pages
- Creating target groups for our marketing
- Marketing activities, like blog post updates, newsletters and other direct marketing efforts when this is given an active consent to by you or allowed for by the applicable law. We are also using the personal data and personal information you have given to us to improve our services to you. This includes for example display of relevant marketing, and news in third party channels.
- Remarketing (re-targeting) for you in media, based on your interests in the Exilva product and your data input on our web platforms
- The advertising will be visible to you on third party platforms like newspapers, video web pages, industrial magazines etc.
- Borregaard and its partners are matching their lists which may contain your personal data and personal information
- Conduct analysis against social channels to be able to communicate with you on these channels
- We conduct market and marketing analyses, as well as visitor behavior analyses
Compliance with law
- We are processing personal data when required by applicable laws, for instance accounting and providing of information when required by authorities
- We may process personal data to ensure the security in our digital channels. We may also process personal data to unveil misuse or misconduct
- We may also use other data you have disclosed, provided you have consented.
4. What choices do you have about your personal data and personal information?
You have the following rights regarding your personal data and personal information:
- Know what personal data we have stored on you
- Require that wrong, unnecessary, lacking or out of date personal data and personal information is corrected or removed
- Opt out and withdraw your consent (please note that this action may limit our ability to provide our full services to you)
- Deactivate collection of data by Google Analytics
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your personal data and personal information. If you have given us personal data and personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com if you want to do one or more of the following:
- Opt-out of any information update service from Borregaard
- Erase your personal data stored within our system
- Receive the personal data we have stored on you in our system
You can at all times enter Googles Ads setting page and change your settings and opt-out for Googles cookies tracking and ads personalisation, as well as change your data storage.
You can also change and opt out on specific personalised ads by managing this at NAIs web page.
To change the settings, or opt-out of Borregaard specific marketing information, go to this page.
You can also choose to send us a written notification by letter to:
P.O. Box 162
5. We never sell your personal data and personal information
Borregaard (data controller) will not share your personal data to a third party not being a business partner. Borregaard (data controller) will not sell the personal data and personal information to third parties, only store and process it for analytical, communication and marketing (including re-marketing/re-targeting) and profile building purposes.
6. How do we make changes to this policy?
7. How, and how long do we store personal data and personal information on you?
We are storing the personal data for the period of time it takes to fulfill the tasks in section 3.
The data is stored as long as you have an active relation to us, meaning; being a customer, have agreed to receive marketing information from us, actively engaged with us on social channels, digital platforms or digital forms. The relationship is deemed active if it has been so within the last 24 months.
8. Security of your personal data and personal information
Our web pages are encrypted with SSL (Secure Socket Layer), ensuring that personal information you provide us with on these web pages are secured. The security measures also include protected software systems, protected hardware and offices and personnel. We are actively doing risk analyses with subsequent risk mitigations if necessary.
9. Cookies & Similar Technologies
10. Disclosure of Data
Borregaard (data controller) will not disclose your personal data outside of Borregaard (data controller) or its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates except (1) as you direct, (2) as described here or in your agreement(s) or (3) as required by law.
Borregaard (data controller) will not disclose your personal data to law enforcement unless required by law. Should law enforcement contact Borregaard (data controller) with a demand for your personal data, Borregaard (data controller) will attempt to redirect the law enforcement agency to request that data directly from you. If compelled to disclose your personal data to law enforcement, then Borregaard (data controller) will promptly notify you and provide you a copy of the demand unless legally prohibited from doing so.
Upon receipt of any other third-party request for your personal data, Borregaard (data controller) will promptly notify you unless prohibited by law. If Borregaard (data controller) is not required by law to disclose your personal data and personal information, Borregaard (data controller) will reject the request. If Borregaard (data controller) is compelled to disclose the requested personal data and personal information, Borregaard (data controller) will attempt to redirect the third party to request your personal data from you.
Last revised April, 2021.