Borregaard offers a range of sustainable, bio-based binders for the agglomeration of raw materials and process fines. Our products improve the quality and consistency of pellets, micro granules, briquettes and extruded shapes. These lignin-based biopolymers are safe to handle, environmentally friendly and non-toxic.
In many industries, valuable process fines need to be agglomerated before further processing. By processing fines that traditionally have been put to landfill we can convert waste to value. Hence, materials such as filter cake fines from the beneficiation of ores, ultra-fine dust from dust collectors, waste sludges, metal rich flue streams, metal oxide wastes, mill scale fines, coal fines, petcoke fines and other difficult to bind materials could benefit from using our sustainable binders.
- Improved wet and dry strength
- Reduced cracks and fines rejects
- Burned off/carbonised at high temperatures
- Increased production throughput
- Improved durability of final agglomerates
- Sustainable bio-based binder