Borregaard offers bio-based and sustainable top seal dispersants and stabilisers for anionic and cationic asphalt emulsions.
Top Seal formulations
Use of our products for top seal formulations improves dispersion of mineral fillers, reduces slurry viscosity and enables an increase in solids content in the formulation. This results in smoother surfaces and better workability.
Borregaard's lignin based emulsion stabilisers are used for anionic asphalt emulsions to reduce viscosity and water content. They are commonly used in anionic slow setting emulsion types (AESS).
Our lignin based products can be made compatible with cationic asphalt emulsions through use of compatibilisers. In cationic emulsions, our biopolymers significantly improve the wetting of complex aggregates and provide long-term stability to the formulated emulsion. They are commonly used in cationic slow setting and rapid setting emulsion types (CSS and CRS).
- Versatility - excellent compatibility with differently charged aggregates and co-formulants.
- Stability in pressurised systems up to 100°C.
- Resistance to breaking down to 0°C.
- Stability to electrolytic contamination from hard water and seawater.
- Stability over a wide pH range.
- Stability in handling: mechanical jarring, pumping and jetting have no detrimental effect.
- Redispersibility of creamed emulsions by gentle agitation.