Exilva® microfibrillated cellulose from Borregaard provides your skincare products with improved stability, rheology and texture.
Phase separation and sedimentation are typical problems for skincare products. Borregaard’s rheology modifiers provide high yield stress and gel strength to improve stabilisation of emulsions and homogeneous suspension of pigments and actives during storage.
The shear-thinning behaviour of Borregaard additives allows spraying and non-dripping of end products and facilitates pumping while maintaining a nice soft skin feel.
Due to their non-soluble nature, they can have a mattifying soft-focus effect on the skin.
In skincare formulations, our products offer the following benefits
- Stabilisation of dispersions, suspensions and emulsions
- Spraying with a non-dripping effect
- Soft focus effect (mattifying effect on the skin)
- Immediate anti-wrinkle effect
- Improved sensory properties: Soft skin feel, non-sticky, non-oily skin feel
We have multiple example formulations available to show these effects. Please contact us to get your copy.