Borregaard lignin biopolymers are multi-functional additives used in sun care formulations to improve stability and charge dispersion and impart a natural UV resistance. Several different mechanisms provide the following multi-functional properties.
They function as deflocculants for mineral particles like zinc oxide, titanium dioxide and clays in water-based formulations. Particle separation and lower viscosity enhance the performance and properties of the final formulation.
Lotion emulsion stabiliser functions by reducing coalescence of oil droplets, maintaining small and uniform droplet size.
Natural antioxidant and strong UV absorption are native properties of lignin, the backbone of our biopolymers.
- Sustainable: Borregaard lignin based products are 100% bio-based from sustainable forests.
- Versatile: compatible with a broad range of substrates, fillers and other additives.
- Safe: REACH exempt, non-sensitising, non-irritant (to eyes or skin), non-toxic
- Effective: multi-functional additives that deliver multiple benefits.
- Tolerant: of high electrolyte concentrations and wide pH range.
- Low microbial growth: due to natural microbe-resistant properties of lignin.