Borregaard’s speciality cellulose grades are highly suitable for the manufacture of:
- Nitrocellulose used in printing inks, lacquers, coatings for wood, metal and leather, nail varnish and energetic grades.
- Microcrystalline cellulose for the most important end uses within food and pharmaceutical applications.
- Viscose: Borregaard’s dissolving grade cellulose has traditionally been used in the production of viscose filament and viscose staple fibre. Borregaard’s strategy is to focus on selected high-quality niche markets, such as cellulose based casings and sponges as well as high strength tire cord.
- Cellulose grades for new applications
- Innovative technologies (Ice Bear, Blue Bear, cellulose powder)
Borregaard’s speciality cellulose products can be supplied in the form of both bales and rolls, with product specifications adapted to each customer’s individual requirements.