Results shared by AMVAC Chemical Corporation show that the electrolyte tolerance of Exilva® as a rheology modifier when compared to xanthan gum improves the compatibility of a capsule suspension with NPK liquid fertilizers, preventing gelling or precipitation in the tank and allowing mixing all in one.
Results show that when a capsule suspension (CS) structured with Exilva was compared with the same formulation structured with Xanthan Gum, the following observations were made:
- Frequency sweep on the two CS formulations shows that both formulations have solid-like behaviour at 0.5% strain (G’>G”).
- Upon mixing the CS formulation with the NPK liquid fertilizer:
- No precipitation or gelling was observed with the Exilva structured CS formulation
- Precipitation was observed with the xanthan gum structured CS formulation
- Upon filtering the blend of CS formulation and the NPK liquid fertilizer:
- Clean and non-clogged sieve/screen was observed with the Exilva structured CS formulation.
- Precipitate caused clogging of the sieve/screen with the xanthan gum structured CS formulation