Dustex® is a bio-based suppressant for dust control of your stockpiles and railcar toppings. It efficiently binds the particles, preventing wind and rain erosion, and thereby, reducing the amount of nuisance dust.
Frequent application of water is a common dust control method for stockpiles of coal, iron ore and other types of minerals at ports and industrial sites. However, water is increasingly scarce in many areas and this method does not have a persistent effect. Dustex is a cost-effective dust binder that offers a longer-lasting effect.
The product is safe to handle, environmentally friendly and non-toxic. Dustex is based on lignin, the natural binder of wood fibres in trees.
- Improved health and safety of workers and surroundings
- Helps keep nuisance dust within allowable limits
- Reduced water consumption
- Maintains moisture, temperature and surface crust
- Reduced risk of self-heating
- A sustainable solution