Borregaard extracts lignin, a very effective binder for animal feed pellets, from sustainably managed forests. Since 1963 we have helped feed producers improve their pellet quality by continuously enhancing the performance of our products and our pelleting expertise. We also operate our own pilot pellet mills (see video).
Our pellet binders and lubricating aids offer a wide range of benefits, such as:
- Improved and more consistent pellet durability
- Improved feed mill profitability
- Increased production rates
- Reduced energy consumption
- Reduction of die chokes
- Enabling the use of hard running ingredients
- Improved performance on mineral feeds
- Protection of heat-sensitive ingredients
Most of these benefits also apply to the production of wood pellets and pelleting of other types of biomass.
Watch the video below to learn how our pelleting aids contribute at the various stages of the pelleting process.